Fall is in full force and that means one thing: squash is in season! Today, we’re bringing you 7 succulent seasonal squash recipes to try at home. With eight types of common squash varieties available this time of the year, it’s impossible to be bored!
1) Butternut Squash Lasagna
The tender slices of butternut add a delicate, sweet flavour to this lasagna while the fresh sage still keeps it grounded as a savoury dinner meal. Get the recipe, here.
2) Vegan Pumpkin Curry
Pumpkin isn’t just for pies! Try this spiced pumpkin curry in your slow cooker for a healthy meal that’s bursting with flavour when you come home from work. Get the recipe, here.
3) Roasted Parmesan Acorn Squash
Instead of roasted potatoes on the side of your meal, why not try this easy roasted acorn squash! The simple combination of the flavours of parmesan, spices and squash is delicious. Get the recipe, here.
4) Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Acorn Squash
Brussel sprouts and squash? They’re not everyone’s favourite fall foods but try this delectable dish to change their mind. The pecans, dates and nutmeg add a complex sweetness that is too good not to try. Get the recipe, here.
5) Spaghetti Squash with Onions, Tomatoes and Olives
If you’re trying to remove gluten from your diet, try using spaghetti squash instead of pasta! The texture is similar and it adds a level of flavour that will make you forget all about regular pasta. Get the recipe, here.
6. Calabaza, Corn and Coconut Soup
Squash soup is a classic but try something new with this calabaza soup that features coconut milk, fresh lime juice and lots of cilantro. It’s packed full of flavour and if you haven’t used calabaza before, don’t worry! It’s a hearty squash that has a smooth, sweet flavour. Get the recipe, here.
7. Thai-Style Kabocha Squash with Crispy Shallots
Don’t forget your sharpest knife – Kabocha squash can be tough! Try this thai-style roasted squash dish that’s full of fresh Southeast Asian flavours. Get the recipe, here.
SHOP THE ITEMS:
1. Slow Cooker – Available, here.
2. Sheet Pan – Available, here.
3. Shun Sora knife collection – Available, here.
4. Spiral slicer – Available, here.
5. Mandolin – Available, here.
6. Glass roaster – Available, here.
7. Dinnerware – Available, here.