Summer is the perfect time for cocktails, lemonade, and cold beverages. Instead of using run of the mill cocktail stirrers, why not whip up these colourful ones instead? They’re a perfect way to use up scraps of tissue paper or coloured cellophane that you’ve been holding onto. If you’re hosting a themed party or shower, use colours to match your scheme. (If cocktail stirrers aren’t needed for your drinks – replace the skewers with straws!)
What You’ll Need:
– Transparent contact paper
– Tissue paper or coloured cellophane scraps
– Wooden skewers
- Cut your tissue paper or cellophane into small square confetti.
- Cut the contact paper into 1” by 4” rectangles; cut one rectangle for each cocktail stirrer.
- Peel the backing off the contact paper and place the rectangles sticky side up on your work surface. Sprinkle the confetti onto the contact paper.
- Place the end of the skewer in the centre of the rectangle.
- Carefully fold the rectangle over on itself.
- Smooth the contact paper and be sure that it had adhered to the wooden skewer.
- Don’t worry if you didn’t exactly line up the rectangle – trim off any overhanging edges of contact paper or confetti.
- Cut a triangle into the end of the rectangle if desired.
- Repeat for as many cocktail stirrers as needed.