Tired of the winter doldrums? Don’t worry—spring is here, which means it’s time to make some key revisions to your bedroom decor to suit the season. Because spring is the season of life and new beginnings, updating your room with cheerful pastel hues might contribute to a better mood, or at least encourage you to get out of bed and tackle the day. Here’s a cheat-sheet on how you can easily integrate pastels into your bedroom design for the spring.
1) Choosing a Palette
Start with a colour palette, whether that be a mix of pastels or simply pairing one colour with white. A selection of pastels can be active, lively and cheerful; a monochromatic look, meanwhile, keeps the space looking clean and simple. Whatever you choose, focus on a soft look—not harsh—that’s still cheery. Some colour palette ideas include:
- Pink, which is feminine and pairs well with flower motifs. If using this palette, take careful consideration of style, texture and patterns on your furnishing and bedding so as not to look too childish.
- Coral, blue, and green, which pull off a delightful coastal look. This is perfect for those who want to celebrate the spring but just can’t wait for summer.
- Pastel green and yellow (perhaps even orange), which presents a fresh look that evokes plants. This palette pairs well with earthy patterns like flowers and leaves.
- Pastel blue, which looks wonderful with white. Integrate some beige into the palette for an inviting, classic and sophisticated space that isn’t too stuffy.
2) Start with the Bed
The first step to getting the bedroom ready for spring is to start with a bedspread or bedding collection. We have several cute and pastel bedding collections. The Palace Hotel bedding collection, for example, has a stately look with an appealing tint of aqua. If blue is more your thing, you might enjoy the Swarovski Melody collection. You can pretty up a child’s room with the Bonjour collection, which is whimsical and full of energy. Browse more of our bedding here.
Pillows also let you add pops of colour. This Savannah Cushion looks like a painted Easter egg thanks to its beautiful pattern of pastels. Those looking for a more subdued accent might prefer the Destiny feather-filled cushions.
3) Accessorize on Tables and Shelves
Once bedding is out of the way, accessorize with some springtime flourishes! This Kate Spade Posy Court dish is perfect on the nightstand for leaving daily essentials, such as a favourite bracelet or watch. A pastel pink Garden Drive jewellery box makes for another wonderful accent accessory.
Plants and flowers further celebrate the season by adding some much-needed life and energy to the space. And as a bonus, the pots or vases you use provide more opportunities to inject pastel colour! Unfussy, decorative flowers from our shop include the Torre & Tagus flower collection, a pink blossom decorative flower and flowering cactus.
4) Don’t Forget Windows & Floors
To squeeze in as much pastel flavour as you can, consider area rugs and curtains. Sheer curtains are an excellent choice because not only do they colour the walls—the passing sunlight will spread the tint onto the floor, too. Take this set of sheer curtain panels, for example. Area rugs likewise add strokes of colour onto otherwise empty space. We love this Diffuse carpet, which has a lightly pastel and subdued look.