Table decor is often over-looked with all the holiday hustle and bustle, but having an inviting table really sets the tone for your company. An easy trick to instantly transform it into a festive one is to utilize your napkins. Here are for 4 different ways you can fold and style your napkins that will get your guest into the holiday spirit.
Christmas Tree Fold
- Start by folding your napkin in half once and then twice to make a square shape
- Take the ends that are open and start folding back the edges one at a time making a layered effect
- Flip over the napkin to the back and turn upside down
- Fold the outside corners to form a diamond shape
- Flip back over to front side
- Start folding back the flaps to form the tree layers
- Tuck each end in the above fold
- Add a star at the top (optional)
- Place directly on plate either laying down or have it stand up
Elegant Fan Fold
For a more formal setting, you can use a napkin ring to achieve this elegant look.
- Start by folding the napkin about an inch over and under to make a fan
- Fold in the middle
- Slide the napkin ring through the folded bottom part
- Fluff out the top and place on plate
Here’s a simple and quick way to add some character to your setting.
- Fold napkin in half
- Start rolling it till you come to the end
- Use twine or ribbon (depending on the style and colours of your tablescape) to tie a bow around the rolled napkin
- Add a candy cane or garnish with seasonal herbs
3 Quarter Fold
If you’re hosting a large party, you want the napkin folding to be quick and easy. This three-quarter fold is fast with only two folds and still looks sophisticated. Placing it under the side plate allows for a name card to be displayed and/or whatever party favour you choose for your guest.
Hope you found some inspiration to bring to your table this season. Cheers to a wonderful Christmas and beautifully set tables!