Spring is just around the corner, which means it’s time for some Spring cleaning! Doing a full deep clean of your home can be a daunting and frankly overwhelming task. Here are six tips to help you get it done more easily and more efficiently so you can get back to enjoying your home.
- Make a schedule – don’t feel like you have to finish all your Spring cleaning in one day or even one weekend. A true Spring cleaning done right means getting deep into all spaces we usually ignore so it will take some time. Try scheduling out a few hours at a time so you don’t get too overwhelmed, and group like projects together to save time and energy.
- Declutter before you start cleaning – part of your Spring cleaning to do list should include some decluttering, so get that out of the way before you get to cleaning and organizing. It will ensure you don’t do any extra work that’s not needed and it will make your organizing more efficient because you’ll only be working with items you’re keeping.
- Get organized – one of the easiest ways to keep your space clean is to get it organized. Utilize things like storage bins, drawer dividers and food storage containers to make things look nice and function better. If you want to get really crazy with it buy a label maker and watch your organization dreams come true.
- Think sustainably – when cleaning try to think green. Donate, recycle or repurpose when you can, and if you’re able to replace single use items like straws or plastic bags with reusable items that’s even better. Just make sure you actually use up any single use items, or donate them. There’s no use in tossing them out unused if you’ve already bought them.
- Put your all into it – it might seem like a pain but make sure you do the deep clean when you’re Spring cleaning. That means things like wiping down baseboards, removing things from cupboards and drawers and wiping them out and vacuuming in all the nooks and crannies.
- Keep it clean – nothing feels better than a Spring clean, but nothing feels worse than a dirty home just days later. Try making a cleaning schedule the whole family can stick to. By breaking up the tasks between household members or breaking up cleaning by days you’ll have more manageable pieces you can actually accomplish.
If you’re looking for more ways to make your house feel more like home head on over here. Happy Spring Cleaning!