As the year draws to a close it’s time to start thinking about your plans for celebrating the end of 2020! This year, your celebrations will probably look a little different. Even though we can’t be out with friends ringing in the new year like normal doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy ourselves. Here are some tips on how to celebrate a socially distanced New Year’s Eve and still have a blast.
Still Together While Apart
One of the best parts of celebrating the new year is spending it with friends and family. While you may not be able to see your loved ones in person this year that doesn’t mean you have to celebrate alone. Enjoy the festivities with those inside your household or hop on a Zoom call to celebrate together no matter where you are.
Make It Fun
New Year’s Eve should be a day of celebration and fun. Connect with your friends and family virtually and enjoy a day of fun, food and games. Looking for something to do? Try one of these suggestions:
- Decorate your backdrop with festive touches
- Play games over Zoom or Jackbox
- Stock your bar cart and learn a new cocktail recipe together
- Have everyone order in appetizers from their favorite local spot
- Pick a city and watch the ball drop in each time zone
- Make popcorn, cue up a movie or episode of your favorite show and watch together
- Have a Zoom dance party to all the best songs of the year
- Share your New Year’s resolutions
- Pop champagne and share a toast when the clock strikes midnight
No matter how you choose to celebrate, make sure you are being safe and protecting yourself and your loved ones. 2020 has been a hard year and if we want 2021 to be better we need to do our best to stay healthy so we can celebrate together next year. Happy New Year!
From glassware and decor to cocktail tools, you’ll find all your essentials for throwing a socially distanced New Year’s party at LinenChest.com!