It’s the season of love and what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than by making homemade heart chocolates! It can be a fun activity with kids and can also act as an excellent edible gift for teachers, family and friends. Making chocolate might seem intimidating, but I assure you this recipe is easy-peasy and guaranteed to make your Valentine smile!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 9)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup and sea salt until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into the heart shaped moulds and pop into the freezer until firm (Roughly around 10mins).
- Remove from freezer and moulds. Serve right away or leave in fridge to save for later.
WAYS TO GIFT THEM
A great way to gift them is by using colourful tissue paper or clear cellophane wrap and use a pretty ribbon to tie it all together. Add a tag with a cute hand written message. Here are some message ideas you can use…
- I Heart You!
- You make my heart melt
- You’re the sweetest
- Made with LOVE
Sticking to the heart chocolate theme, another fun idea is to gift the recipe with a set of heart moulds and other little baking accessories to go with it. Tie them together with a bow or put them all in a little wicker basket.
We hope you enjoy the recipe. We suggest making these closer to Valentine’s Day as they won’t last long… They’re just way too irresistible to eat! ;)