There are a variety of unique ways to celebrate Halloween at home. Crank up your Halloween music and get into the holiday spirit by carving a pumpkin, making some caramel apples, or telling ghost stories by your backyard fire. Hosting a virtual costume fashion show would be a fun way to still dress up and be able to show off your costume to all your friends and family. My favourite way to celebrate at home is to make a Halloween beverage and do a classic Halloween movie marathon!
This year, I came up with this fun sparkling grape pineapple drink. It’s easy to make with only 4 ingredients and they taste just as good without alcohol for the kids to enjoy too. The secret ingredient to the creepy texture is grape jello! Pair it with pineapple juice and lemon lime soda and you have yourself a sweet & crispy dessert drink. Make eyeball ice cubes (see below) and serve the drink in a vintage style goblet like our Jules Glass by Nachtmann to get the full “witch’s brew” experience.
- 6 oz Grape Jello
- 16 oz Lemon-lime soda
- 1 1/2 cup Pineapple juice
- 1 cup Vodka (optional)
- Fully prepare the jello as instructed on the box
- Once jello is made, use a fork to break jello apart into small pieces. Add crushed jello to a pitcher
- Add pineapple juice and vodka (optional) to the pitcher and stir well
- When ready to serve, add the lemon-lime soda into the pitcher until it’s full. Pour soda from high above to achieve extra fizz
- Add a sprinkle of black food colouring powder on top for a more eerie appearance (optional)
- Add eyeball ice cubes by using our Ricardo Ice Sphere Tray and sticking one large blueberry in each sphere before freezing
- Serve in our Jules glass and enjoy!