Have you ever tried making almond milk? It may seem daunting and too much work, but in fact, homemade almond milk is pretty darn easy to make! It involves only 3 ingredients and tastes much better than store bought almond milk with no additives or extra preservatives. Also it’s a little bit cheaper and a great option for dairy-free diets! If you’re interested in making some yourself, see the recipe below.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 8 cups of filtered water, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- Soak the almonds for 12 hours prior to making your almond milk. Soaking the nuts can enhance flavors and increase the creaminess. To do this, simply add the nuts into a bowl and add your salt. Cover them fully with water and let sit overnight.
- After the nuts have had a good soak, drain the water and give them a good rinse. (our multi-purpose colander is perfect for soaking & draining the nuts)
- Add the nuts to your blender or food processor.
- Add 4 cups filtered water
- Blend at the highest speed for about a minute.
- Strain your blended liquid into a pitcher or bowl. You may use a cheesecloth or nut bag to strain.
- Squeeze all the liquid out of your strainer and into the bowl
- Serve in cute little mason milk jars! (we love these ones)