We’re all a lot more health conscious these days and the juicing trend has definitely maintained its popularity. Why spend a fortune in a snazzy juice bar, or buy supermarket versions (which may be full of additives), when you can make fresh nutritious juice for a fraction of the cost right at home? Today, we’re showing you just how easy, convenient and fun the Breville Juicer really is. Enjoy fruits and vegetables without having to chop, peel, seed, or core!
Let the juicing begin:
Health Benefits of Juicing:
- Ditching everything but juice from your diet isn’t a good idea. Juicing can improve your health, but it’s best to take it steadily and enjoy juice as a nutritious part of a balanced diet.
- Juicing breaks down fruit and vegetable, making it easier for your body to absorb their nutrients.
- It helps you to increase your consumption of fruit and vegetables. If you’re not big into fruits & vegetables, this is a great way to get them in!
- You can add vegetables you wouldn’t normally eat to your juice recipes. Eating the same vegetables every day increases your risk of developing an allergy.
- Fruits and vegetables contain anti-oxidants that can protect you against diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
- The first thing you’ll need is a juicer, not a blender – there’s a big difference. While a blender whizzes up everything you put in it, a juicer separates the liquid from the pulp.
- Depending on the type of juicer you get, you might need a chopping board, sharp knife and storage containers, especially if you plan to freeze some of your juice after you’ve made it.
- Once you’ve bought your juicer, you’ll need to buy your fruit and vegetables. Organic has the advantage of being chemical free, but is also more expensive. You can still benefit from juicing if you buy conventional produce; just make sure you wash it thoroughly before you juice. You should wash your organic produce too, of course.
- It’s also a good idea to use food that is in season as it tends to be more affordable. Don’t try to use over-ripe fruit or wilting greens, as the quality of your juice will suffer. Store your produce in the fridge; it will last much longer.
- Most importantly, make sure you clean your juicer thorough after you’ve used it to prevent the build up of bacteria and mildew. A small brush is useful to clean the metal grater.
Meet Our Juicers:
SHOP THE ITEMS:
1. Breville Ikon Digital Juice Extractor – Available, here.
2. Breville The Juice Fountain Plus – Available, here.
3. Kenwood Centrifugal Juicer “Excel” – Available, here.
4. Breville Die-Cast citrus press – Available, here.
5. Vita Pro Plus Slow Juicer & Smoothie Maker – Available, here.
6. Delonghi 4 Cup Capacity Citrus Juicer – Available, here.
7. Salton Citrus Juicer – Available, here.
8. Cuisinart Citrus Juicer – Available, here.
9. Stainless Steel Juice Extractor – Available, here.