- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) plums, scrubbed clean
- 1 cup (210 g) sugar
- 1 bottle (750 ml) white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) vodka
- Ice cubes, for serving
1. On a work surface, coarsely chop the plums, keeping the pits. Place the plums and pits in a bowl. Sprinkle with the sugar and combine. Let macerate for 30 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Spoon the plum mixture into a large 10-cup (2.5 litre) minimum airtight glass or plastic container. Stir in the wine and vodka. Cover and let macerate for 7 days in the refrigerator. Strain the mistelle.
3. Serve in glasses on ice or as a cocktail (shown here) by mixing 1 part mistelle with 2 parts cava, Prosecco or other bubbly wine. The mistelle will keep for 7 days in the refrigerator.