Brunch can easily be the best meal of the week. After a long sleep-in what could be better than pancakes? This recipe includes decadent cream, caramel chips, and Sodastream sparkling water for an extra special touch. Enjoy!
- 125 mL SodaStream Sparkling Water
- 60 mL espresso
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 200 g caramel chips
- 80 mL thickened cream
- Extra butter for frying pancakes
- Fizz cold fresh water with SodaStream Sparkling Water Maker.
- Mix flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add egg, milk, sparkling water, cooled espresso & melted butter.
- Whisk together until combined using a hand blender with whisk attachment.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with butter.
- Add 1/4 of the mixture for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface, then turn and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Set aside and keep warm under aluminum foil.
- Combine cream and caramel chips in heatproof bowl. Microwave for two minutes until melted.
- Drizzle pancakes with caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Recipe Credits: Sammy & Bella for Sodastream