We are bringing you more bright flavours this season! Citrus is a must as the warm weather rolls in, so today we’re showing you more ways to get the most of it. This Lemon Blueberry Loaf packs a punch: tart from the lemon zest and sweet from the blueberries. Oh, and don’t forget about the finishing glaze, adding that extra hit of lemon to really pull it all together.
Watch the video to see how it’s done + get the recipe below:
Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cup fresh blueberries (dusted in flour)
*Recipe notes: Feel free to use frozen blueberries, however, we prefer fresh. If using frozen, do not thaw prior to use. Remove from the freezer immediately before using and ensure to toss with flour to coat. Do not over mix the blueberries into the batter as the juices will turn it into a blue/grey colour.
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Splash of milk (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease/line a loaf pan with butter/parchment.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar, then add in eggs and egg yolk.
- Once combined, add in sour cream and lemon zest.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until incorporated, and then fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean/with a few crumbs stuck to it). The loaf will become quite golden on top and that’s totally okay!
- Remove from oven and let fully cool.
- When the loaf is cooling, prepare the glaze by mixing together the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Add a splash of milk if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled lemon loaf and let it set.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!