When it comes to preparing your home for the holidays, there is no one-size-fits-all guide to decorating. Whether you prefer the glitz and glamour of the season or you’re drawn to rustic, wintery details, there are multiple ways to infuse your home with the spirit of the season, whatever your style. Today we’re sharing a few tips for giving your home a “cozy cabin feel” for the holidays and have also included a few of our favourite rustic decor picks.
- Add plaid. – Incorporate this festive pattern into your decor with pillows, throw blankets or other decorative accents to give your home instant cabin vibes.
- Bring the outdoors in. – Get creative by using pinecones, twigs and fir branches (real or faux) to fill glass vases, trays and adorn your holiday tablescape.
- Light it up. – The holidays are all about twinkling lights, so be sure to incorporate festive lighting, such as candles or these wine bottle lanterns.
- It’s all in the details. – Look for rustic finishes such as unfinished wood and exposed bark on everything from candleholders to serving trays and cheese boards.
- Set the mood. – No “cabin” is complete without a crackling fire and a hint of fresh pine in the air, so be sure to set the mood with scented candles to enhance your decor.
Lastly, pour yourself a cup of hot chocolate and get ready to curl up and enjoy the fruits of your labor in your festively decorated home for the holidays!
SHOP THE LOOK
(Click the ➕ to shop the items)