A fondue party can be a fun and delicious way to gather together friends and family at any time of year (especially around the holidays). And it’s pretty easy to prepare, not requiring any complicated recipes or dishes.
Depending on the number of guests you will invite, it might be a good idea to have two fondue pots. Place one on each end of a long table, leaving space in the middle for your buffet spread. This is where you’ll set out serving trays with all the different food the guests will be dipping into the fondue. Here’s a shortlist for foods that pair well with fondue.
For a cheese fondue, you’ll want to offer things like:
- Snack foods (pretzels, tortilla chips, crackers)
- Steamed vegetables (like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- Meats (chicken, ham, steak)
For a chocolate fondue, have things like:
- S’mores ingredients (marshmallows, graham crackers)
- Pretzels, caramels, peanut brittle
- Any pastries you enjoy, like angel food cake or mini eclairs