The colder season is the perfect time to warm up with your favorite hot drink and sweet treat, and what better pairing for your warm cup of tea or coffee than chocolate banana muffins. The beauty about chocolate banana muffins is that they can be enjoyed both warm or cold and with a range of toppings and sauces, the options are endless!
Using ingredients that are nice and fresh will ensure a moist and consistent plethora of chocolate banana muffins. When sourcing ingredients, try to shop local as well as using ripe bananas to ensure optimal flavor and sweetness. Let’s get baking!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk sugar, oil, milk, egg, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl until smooth; stir into flour mixture until just moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Substitute yogurt for the milk if preferred.
Whether you’re new to baking or you’re a seasoned baking veteran, you can browse a variety of delicious and easy to make recipes over at LC Living