Tis the season! Pumpkin Spice Latte season, that is. Lovingly referred to as PSL, the cozy autumnal drink seems to make its appearance earlier and earlier. But, how can you be mad at the smells of cinnamon and nutmeg wafting from your cup? Yup that’s what we thought. Now you can make the trendy fall creation right from your own kitchen! Follow our easy tips to make the easiest homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte that’s super customizable to your own personal preferences. Plus that means you can enjoy it all year round.
Makes: 1 Cup
- 1 cup dairy or non-dairy milk (try coconut, almond, oat, or hemp milk for a trendy twist)
- 2-3 tablespoons of unsweetened pumpkin puree (depending on taste)
- Sweetener to taste (granulated sugar or coconut sugar work, but try maple syrup or brown sugar for a boost of fall flavour)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus more to garnish (a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice also work)
- ¼ cup strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- A small pinch of salt
- Whipped cream or foamed milk
- In a saucepan, add milk, pumpkin puree, and sweetener over medium low heat.
- Stir gently with a whisk until steaming but not boiling.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, coffee, and small pinch of salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour hot mixture slowly into mug of choice.
- Use milk frother to foam milk in a separate bowl, top mug with frothed milk or whipped cream.
- Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice for garnish.