One of our favorite refreshing cocktails is a Bloody Mary. Though we can drink them any time of year, Bloody Marys are perfect for summer. They’re tasty yet not too heavy. Whether you’re sipping them on your decks, patios, or in front of the TV, we wanted to give you a great at-home recipe for you and your family or friends. Of course, we wanted to keep it simple. With just 8 ingredients, you can make these cocktails from home with some of your pantry staples.
Makes: 4 cocktails
Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups tomato juice or V8
- 1 cup Vodka
- ¼ cup pickle or olive juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½-1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 4 stalks celery
- 8-10 green cocktail olives
- Salt, pepper to taste
- In a pitcher, combine the tomato juice, vodka, olive/pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco with a wooden spoon.
- Add salt to the rims of four tall glasses by moistening the rim of each glass with a wet towel, adding salt to a plate, then pressing the cups onto the salt. You can also mix pepper onto the plate if you’d like. Add ice to each cup. Check out our Cocktail Rimmer >
- Pour bloody mary mix evenly into each cup, adding one stalk of celery to each and stirring as needed. Add additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Garnish cocktails with olives. Feel free to substitute olives with pickles, peppers, or even bacon!