Without access to your favourite coffee shop, what else is there to do than try the latest at-home coffee trend?
The “whipped coffee” trend started in South Korea and quickly took TikTok and Instagram by storm. It’s a thick, frothy mix of coffee and sugar to fill up all of your cravings of a nice cold specialty iced coffee. Just in time for the start of spring! To be enjoyed on your balcony or patio, while waving to neighbours from a distance!
See it in action:
Whipped coffee is really simple to make. You just need instant coffee, sugar, and water. Then, of course, a fancy way to serve it – preferably with some ice and milk.
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- Milk and ice to serve
- Mix the instant coffee, sugar and hot water together in a bowl or large cup.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together. A hand mixer will be faster but whisking by hand is possible.
- Whisk until you can see thick peaks.
- Once it is as your desired thickness, dollop it onto a glass filled with milk and ice.
- Post it on social media (make sure to tag us @linenchest)
Its popularity most likely stems from how simple it is to make, and how different it is to look at. It gives quite the quicker of caffeine and keeps your coffee routine feeling very fresh!
Things to note when trying this new drink:
- You can try to replace the sugar with a sweetener, but the chemical properties will prohibit the same thickness from occurring, no matter how much you whisk it.
- Two tablespoons of instant coffee is the equivalent of drinking two cups of coffee. The usual directions for instant coffee is to use 1 tablespoon with six ounces of water.
- You will not get the same effect with ground coffee as instant coffee goes through a much different process to make it “instant.” After making a regular cup of coffee, you drink the dissolved instant powder but you don’t eat the coffee grounds.
Looking to impress everyone on social? Try these accessories for your latest whipped coffee creation. Don’t forget to tag us using @linenchest!
- Set of Two Duetto Double Wall Glasses
- Glass Straws
- Cafe Culture Coffee Spoon
- Colourful Reusable Silicone Straws
- Hamilton Beach Hand Blender