With the cooler weather setting in, the urge to warm up with a good dessert coffee is growing stronger. Here are two delicious recipes that are sure to delight your taste buds as well as your spirit.
A Coffee with a Kick: Irish coffee
With its espresso flavor and hint of Irish whiskey, this coffee will blow you away. Enjoy it alone or with a sweet dessert for an added kick!
-2 illy espresso capsules in your favorite roast
-40 ml Irish whiskey
-5 g cane sugar
-40 ml of heavy cream
-Cocoa powder without sugar
-2 coffee beans
1. Prepare two espressos in a cappuccino cup.
2. Pour the whiskey and cane sugar into a glass. Heat the mixture with the steam nozzle of your espresso machine. Be careful not to overheat the beverage so as not to alter the flavor of the whiskey.
3. Pour the coffee into the warmed whisky glass.
4. Place the very cold cream in a mini-shaker until it reaches a fairly thick consistency.
5. Drizzle the cream over the cocktail with the back of a cocktail spoon so that it floats on the surface of the coffee.
6. Decorate with cocoa powder and garnish with two coffee beans before serving.
Smooth and Totally Decadent: Viennese Cappuccino
The inviting aroma of espresso, the flavor of cocoa and a rich whipped cream topping combine to make your mouth water. Enjoy!
-1 illy espresso pod in your favorite roast
-Fresh whole milk, cold
-90 ml of heavy cream
1. Prepare an espresso in a cappuccino cup.
2. Froth the milk in a pot with the steam nozzle of your espresso machine.
3. Pour the cream directly over the coffee to within 1.5 cm of the top of the cup.
4.Whip the heavy cream in a small bowl to thicken it.
5. Place the whipped cream on top of the coffee and sprinkle with cocoa powder.