With a new year comes a fresh start. It’s a great time for organization, cleaning and upping our game when it comes to taking care of the home. This year it’s time to upgrade your laundry routine. We’ve got a few products and some simple hacks that will have you feeling like a laundry pro in no time.
Laundry Room: The things in your laundry room can make a world of difference in your laundry routine. Make your life a little simpler with these laundry room essentials.
- Upgrade your hamper – having quality sturdy hampers in your home will make life just a little easier and it will elevate the look of your laundry.
- Add clothes hanger – adding an extendable clothes hanger to your laundry room will free up your hands and give you more space to work. It’s great for hanging items to dry or while treating a stain.
Washing: Laundering clothes and linens can be a hassle, especially if your family makes a lot of laundry. Get your laundry done better with these washing hacks.
- For softer sheets – add half a cup of distilled white vinegar to your sheet load. Not only will it make them softer it will brighten their colour and remove any odour.
- For grease stains – rub white chalk on the grease stain to absorb an excess grease before treating and washing the item. This works great for kitchen towels!
- When using liquid detergent – make sure you read the instructions on both your washer and your detergent. Many newer washers are meant to use a highly concentrated detergent which only takes a few teaspoons to get your clothing clean.
Drying: It may be tempting to throw all your clothes straight in the dryer, flick it on and think no further, however with a few tweaks your clothes will dry faster and last longer.
- Invest in a drying rack – not all clothes should be dried in your dryer. Delicates and any material that may shrink should be hung up to dry. Hang items on a rack to dry to keep them nicer longer.
- Skip the dryer sheets – use dryer balls instead of dryer sheets. They are reusable meaning less waste and they will keep your clothes from sticking together meaning they will dry faster. Missing the scent? Add a few drops of essential oils to your dryer balls.
After Care: Your clothes have been washed a dried but what about after care? It’s important to take good care of your clothing so it will last longer and continue to look great.
- Get rid of fuzz – we’ve all got those sweaters that look amazing but end up with lint and fuzz all over the place. Use a fabric defuzzer or a fabric shaver to remove unwanted fuzzies and keep your pieces looking brand new.
- Remove the wrinkles – use a fabric steamer to get those wrinkles out quickly and easily. Plus you can use it on items you can’t iron!
2021 is the year to upgrade your laundry and Linen Chest is here to help. Find all these laundry essentials and more at LinenChest.com!